- How do you think that Elias could have learned that Uncle Bump had a lawyer from Jackson?
- Guess who planted over the garden with butter beans. Why do you think it was this person?
- At the graveyard, Addie Ann feels guilty. Should she? Why or why not?
- Addie Ann says, “It’s strange how when you stop thinking, the answers grow in your mind.” Have you ever solved a problem after you stopped trying to figure out the solution? If yes, when?
- Is it realistic that Addie Ann could have solved the butter bean crime through a dream? Have you or anyone you’ve known ever solved a problem or answered a question in a dream? If yes, what happened?