- What is the Reverend’s Brigade?
- Describe Addie Ann’s relationship with Flapjack. Have you ever had a similar relationship with a pet? If so, describe.
- Why does Addie Ann act like a mother to Mama by trying to give her comfort? Have you ever felt like the grownup around an adult? If so, when? Did you mind? Why or why not?
- Addie Ann overhears Mama tell Uncle Bump, “He goin’ home.” What does Mama mean by this?
- At the end of chapter 7, Addie Ann asks her brother if he’s here. She says, “My brother tells me he is.” Did Elias speak? Has Elias come home? (Hint: The author deliberately left this part unclear, so give your best guess as to what is going on.)
Mississippi Delta Shack