Chapters 18 & 19
- What advice does Uncle Bump give Addie Ann about her love life? Do you think this is good advice? Why or why not?
- Why does Mrs. Worth have the keys to the garden?
- Why does Addie Ann almost drop Ralphie on the floor?
- How has Reverend Walker changed from the beginning of the story? Use evidence from the text to support your answer.
- The Negroes are invited to the garden picking at noon. The reverend says they should show up at sunrise anyway. What do you think the best plan would be for them? What are the possible risks associated with your plan? What are the possible rewards?
River in Mississippi Delta